Houtong Station is a really small rail station in northern Taiwan. It used to be a big coal mining town in the early 20th century, but after the mine ran out, the town went downhill and become a small forgotten place in the mountain. But recently, people found that the resident here treat the cats live here very nice, so this place regained it's popularity, many people go here to see cats, lots of cats who are not afraid of human at all.
Although I went Houtong for the cats today, but I found the deserted mining facilities really intriguing. There's a small coal mine museum demonstrating how the mining workers worked before.
Because it's a tiny town next to a river in a valley, the train will pass through a nice little tunnel before reaching the town. So in Houtong, you can see cats, trains, coal mine ruins, and river all at once. What can people ask more?
Picture from top left to right:
1. I have no idea a cat can sit like this. Look at his rear legs!
2. Scratching cat is sexy.
3. This cat was attracted by a train passed through the station below. You can see the roof of the train station on the left.
4. Om nom nom nom.
5. An old rail bridge used to transport coal. Now it is for passengers.
6. Ha! The poor guard. 2/3 of his seat was occupied by that fat ass cat. XD
7. Can't believe that cat slept in a flower pot... which was hanging on a cliff/wall like that! He's literally hanging in the midair!
8. This cat has funny spots, as if he got cat paw stamped on his back. LOL
9. A cat's ass is a sexy ass.
10. Awww, a butter coloured cat! He looked so pretty on the green grass.
11. This white cat's facial expression was hilarious. He looked very very very melancholy.